The Truth of Having Two Under 2

I am now a mom of two under 2. I've joined the club of the very tired, pulled every which way, always on the move moms.

Hudson will be 1 month old on Sunday and since he was born I get asked the loaded question at least 5 times a week. "How is it?"

I normally reply with, amazing! The kind of amazing that makes you feel overwhelmed and you aren't quite sure you're going to make it through the day amazing, but never happier.

But the truth is, it's hard. 

Having a toddler and a baby who both need your undivided attention is HARD! 

Getting out of the house takes hours. HOURS I tell you! We are never anywhere on time and if we are, it's normally because I didn't even have a chance to get myself ready. And while we are out I'm just praying we make it through without anyone having a melt down.

It's hard to feed Raegan lunch when Hudson is screaming. So I strap him into his ring sling and pray my way through lunch as the break of nap time is lingering right after.

It's hard to nurse Hudson as Raegan is digging through the trash and eating the lunch I just offered her, but she didn't want at lunch time, but NEEDS it now like a fat kid needs cake.

It's hard! Like seriously hard.

But I wouldn't change it for anything in the world.

We prayed for this. We prayed for this exact crazy. A crazy that I am so thankful I'm able to experience.

And right now I am in a season of grace. The grace that everyone is giving me, I need to give to myself. This is a short season in life that is absolutely crazy, but also pretty fantastic.

So for now, I will buy stock in Chick-fila Dr. Pepper and take a deep breath, because the days are long, but the years are short, and being a mom is the only place I want to be.

6 comments

  1. I stress myself out just thinking about taking my one baby out so I can just imagine how you feel! But like you said, the years are short and this particular stuff won't be forever. Your kids are absolutely adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I get an AMEN! I know exactly what you're going through and I will say it does get better... slowly. But you are right girl, the days are long but when they're 20 and 22 years old you will NOT regret those sweet days snuggling on the couch! Love to see your babies grow up! Hope you're doing well and recovering nicely! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The days are long but the years are short. I like that saying. It's so true. Beautiful babies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was apart of the 2 under 2 club as my boys are 16 months apart, and I can relate to this post to a T. BUT my oldest will be 3 next month and my youngest just turned 1.5 and it does get easier as both are starting to be more and more independent! It is incredible, I honestly wouldn't have it any other way, even as frustrating as it can be. I know you find it amazing too, so on those extra hard days, push through it because it DOES get easier! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. In my opinion, you should do everything possible to give your children good education. here you can even find helpful info for students.

    ReplyDelete


  6. رش مبيدات بالمدينة المنورة رش مبيدات بالمدينة المنورة
    رش مبيدات بالدمام رش مبيدات بالدمام
    مكافحة الحمام بالمدينة المنورة مكافحة الحمام بالمدينة المنورة


    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading every comment!

Back to Top