What I Wore Wednesday (WIWW)

This is my first WIWW and I'm so excited! I have a teaching blog that is up and rolling and doing well, but I've been wanting to start a personal blog too so I am planning on linking up for WIWW every week! So here we go!

I know that I'm supposed to post what I wore today (Wednesday) but I promise you don't want to see that. My Wednesday has included me being sick with a sinus infection and ear infection. What adult gets an ear infection?! Apparently this one does. So I am going to share what I wore last Saturday. Shh! Don't tell.

On Saturday my husband and I went and saw Mary Poppins at Fair Park here in Dallas. The hubby surprised me with tickets that he bought 5 weeks ago! Look at him PLANNING out a surprise. I sure have a good one!

When I put together outfits I normally choose outfits over and over. When I find something that works, I wear it!! How do I know if an outfit works? I feel comfortable in it, I get numerous compliments throughout the day, AND my fav (but doesn't always happen) it just CAME together! Some of my favorite outfits are the ones that just happened when I walked into my closet, grabbed something, and put it on. Normally because I'm rushing to get somewhere. Then I look in the mirror and say "Hey, this actually looks cute!"

When I purchase outfits I ALWAYS think "do I have something in your closet that could go with this?" or "do I have an idea of what else I could buy to make this outfit?" DON'T just buy a piece of clothing because it's CUTE! Even though I've done that before. Always think before you buy!

So onto the outfit! 

And here is sweet Stella lickin' her chops while Daddy took the picture. She knew we were about to leave so she was staying close by.

chambray shirt from J.CREW Factory
leopard scarf from J.CREW (sold out)
skirt by Willi Smith from TJMaxx
similar skirt in ivory
tights from J.CREW Factory
boots by Arthuro Chang
Michele watch *birthday present from the hubs. he did good!*
Lia Sophia earrings (I have these in gold too!) great simple earring


For my outfits I like to just have one WOW factor. For this outfit it's my scarf. Without it the outfit would be very bland!

Have a great Wednesday!

9 comments

  1. Hey Ashley! Yay for getting your personal blog started. I'm in Dallas too! That lace skirt is gorgeous and I love it paired with the chambray and leopard, two of my favorites. Your dog photo bomb in the first pic is hilarious! My dog does the same thing. She's a camera hog. Thanks so much for linking up! Hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so excited to link up! excited for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfit! Visiting from WIWW...I have a lace skirt that I am always trying to figure out what to wear with it. I do believe I'll try a chambray shirt now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girrrrrrrrrllllllll.. you are doin good!!! you just started and you already got comments.. I've been blogging for like 4 months and I never get comments.. keep going and stay on the pleated poppy.. I love her...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get your authentic brand name watch for a 50% discount online at JacobTime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read a few of your other posts. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to reading more from you down the road!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You write good content, I am looking for this thanks for sharing it will help others.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, you need to have a close look here for a persuasive essay examples.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading every comment!

Back to Top