Wasn't Expecting That

Well I wasn't expecting that.

My period.

For the first time in over a year.

I know it had to come back eventually, but since I'm exclusively pumping I didn't expect it to be until way later or possibly not at all and then I'd be possibly pregnant with our second and begin the amazing cycle of no period for another 9 months.

But what I REALLY didn't expect was the emotional reaction I had to it. After so many negative pregnancy tests and so many periods starting when we were praying and hoping for a pregnancy, that SAME feeling came rushing back when this period started. NOT pregnant is what it screamed. Even though we aren't trying, those feelings still rang true. Defeat, anger, sadness. Why? I don't know.

Maybe it's still a reminder that we can't get pregnant. At least not the traditional way. I guess part of me hopes that we will miraculously get pregnant on our own without IVF. Wishful thinking I guess.

I am so thankful for our little miracle, Raegan, and am not taking away from the fact that she was conceived and we have a beautiful daughter, but I also know that I am not going to invalidate the way I'm feeling. The struggle of infertility doesn't go away even after a baby is born. It is part of our life from now until forever.

Now I'm off to Target to buy the necessities.
post signature

5 comments

  1. I'm so sorry Ashley. I guess no matter what those feelings don't go away. Maybe one of these days you will be surprised with a pregnancy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry... I know the mix of emotions that go along with infertility and it is cruel. I really hope that you turn out to be one of those success stories where you dont need IVF again! Sending love and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs to you! Sorry you're feeling down about it. I'm sure it's partly that mental tie you have to TTC'ing struggles the first time around, but I bet your hormones are still going a little crazy too. I know I will cry at ANYTHING still, even 3 months post partum. I hope AF isn't too bad for you and that maybe it's the beginning of a completely different journey if/when you guys think about #2...if that is your plan. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about you also take a look at this page for some info about creative colleges. It could be really helpful for your future

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading every comment!

Back to Top