House Reno

A lot has been happening in the Sanderson family. In the last month we have sold our house, moved out, moved in with my parents, went to Jamaica, bought house, and we are starting renovations on our new house tomorrow.

Phew!

We are getting settled in with my parents and once demo starts tomorrow hopefully everything will continue to move along and we will be in by Christmas.

Fingers crossed.

The house we chose was built in the 70's. A sweet older couple were the original owners and her husband passed away. She moved into assisted living and her daughter's sold the house.

Everything in the house is from when it was built. It's never been updated. 











Until now.
We have met with a general contractor and it's going to be the most amazing house. It's like we are starting over with just the bones of the home. Here's the 3D model of all the changes. They are just of the downstairs because the upstairs is just going to need some paint and redo the bathrooms. Nothing structural.

We are knocking down the interior wall of the kitchen that includes a wet bar and a powder bath to open up the downstairs. The powder bath is being moved to the formal dining room which we are making a play room. You can see the powder bath and play room in the picture below right to the right when you come in the front door.







This is the most amazing house for us.

It has 5 bedrooms on a third of an acre. Such a beautiful backyard.

We are also redoing our master bath because right now there is a vanity in my bedroom. Yep. A sink. In my bedroom. That needs to go away. Like yesterday.
We are closing in that opening to be the bathroom doors and then inside in the bathroom is going to be so amazing!

 There will be a tub under the sink. Just haven't picked it out yet. And there will be a cabinet between the sinks and individual mirrors. I got that inspiration from here, but I plan to move the cabinet on the left in between the sinks.

To give you a little perspective, our vanity is 9 feet long. Every girls dream!


And my favorite part of our bathroom is the fact that my closet has a door attached to my laundry room. Ahh! So amazing!
They are also giving me a laundry shoot from upstairs down into the laundry room.

I can't wait to give updates throughout the process and then an unveiling of our new home.

Want to check out my Pinterest inspiration boards for the house? Click here!

6 comments

  1. Wow I can't wait to watch all the changes take place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see how it all turns out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A laundry shoot??? Squee! I had one growing up but not anymore. It's so convenient! I love the house. I love all the renovations you're doing. It's going to look incredible! I love the backyard. It's funny, because while I wouldn't like the sink right in the bedroom (more so when Chris is up early, how much that would wake me up) the child in me would have loved this because it reminds me of staying in some hotels. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love!!! Can't wait to see updates! 5 bedrooms!? I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Initially renovating the home not just stands for making the house emerge from the inside, yet it is likewise imperative to give a completing touch to the inside of the place and hence home redesigning alludes to a total makeover.
    that site

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that this article has some useful info on how to write good essay. You should take a look at tit as soon as possible

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading every comment!

Back to Top