Lupron day 8

Well we are on day 8 of Lupron and it hasn't been that bad. The actual medicine I'm on is Leuprolide which is the generic of Lupron. Exact same medicine, just cheaper! Love generic meds.
I'm only on 10 mL of Lupron and will be going down to 5 mL in the next few days. So it's not alot. See, that needle is nothing! Now, the HUGE one for the progesterone shots, that's a different story! Ouch!
I was told the major side effects would be headaches and I may be a little emotional. The headaches are non existent (thank goodness!) and the emotional side of things has started to level out. The first couple of days, it was literally an out of body experience for me. The tiniest things were making me cry and I felt like I wasn't in control of my body or emotions, but things are starting to level out and I'm not feeling as fragile as I did in the beginning.

Kyle gave me my shot on Sunday. Since he will have to administer my progesterone shots in about a month, we might as well get some practice in now, and boy does he need it! :) He ended up poking me twice before giving me the shot. He said he didn't realize how easily the needle would go in so he had alittle too much force behind his administration and the needle popped right back out. Thank goodness I can't really feel it and had extra patience for him. That's the upside to having alittle extra fat padding in the belly area! Can barely feel these shots.

I'll be adding Menopur shots within the next couple of days. Then we will see how I'm doing emotionally.

We are getting so close to the end, I can't believe it. It's finally OUR time. Through the infertility, the miscarriage, the failed surgery, I know this is our time. I know that God will reward us for it says "Delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalms 37:4. I cling to that promise every time I start doubting.

Prayers are on high all around from family, friends, and even blog readers. I am so grateful for all of the prayers you are praying for our littles. We can't wait to know if IVF worked and if we will be welcoming a baby (or 2) in July!

Twice this week 2 friends sent me twinsie pinterest pictures and of course this hormonal pin cushion cried when I saw both. To be blessed with twins would be such an amazing gift!
And who knows, maybe this double yolk I took a picture of over a year ago before we even knew we would be faced with infertility, actually means something?
post signature

10 comments

  1. I totally feel you on the husband needed some practice. Mine is getting his practice as well because I am dreading the P shots. Get ready for the menopur bc in my experience they're not pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crossing everything for you!! & I had weekly shots throughout my pregnancy and thankfully a nurse came to our house and did it because I am pretty sure Trav would pass out trying!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up getting weekly allergy shots from my dad, so I feel your pain...literally! Love the picture of the egg. How neato of a memory that would be if the blessing of twins does happen!

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you the very best!! I can remember dealing with the Lupron shots twice a day, and then couldn't imagine adding more needles a day! I'm sure you feel like a pin cushion by now! Stay strong my dear and never give up hope!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your writing has been inspirational. I'm wondering if you have conceived!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your writing has been inspirational. I'm wondering if you have conceived!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. By the way, information from https://resume-chief.com/blog/functional-resume will help you with your functional resume writing. You can use it in the future

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to reading more from you down the road!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You shared very nice and detail information with us .This article contain very useful things for us I am very excited bout this one it is so nice and very useful to us.Thank you for this information .I expect this kind of important information in future also so keep it up this nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You write good content, I am looking for this thanks for sharing it will help others.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading every comment!

Back to Top