Memorial Day

Memorial Day.

The day that we remember those who have lost their lives. The ones who gave their life to keep ours safe. Our family is eternally grateful for those and their families who have sacrificed so much.

It's also the day that signifies the beginning of summer. At least in our book it does!

We spent Sunday at my aunt and uncle's celebrating with our family. For as long as I remember we always got together with my aunt and uncle and cousins. I love that we still do even after all these years. 

We planned to just hang out with the kids on Monday since Kyle was off work, but I came down with a massive sinus headache and was down for the count the whole day. Fortunately Kyle was super dad and set up the sprinkler and water table for the kids after nap and played with them. Thank goodness for him.

We love to get together with the family to swim, eat, possibly nap (not me of course, I'm chasing the crazies around), play corn hole, and eat some more. 
Unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate this year. Very cloudy and we weren't even sure we'd be able to get in the pool, but the kids wanted to so badly, so we got in before it started sprinkling again.



The water was a little chilly, but that didn't stop the babes from wanting to swim.






Raegan is a little fish. I guarantee by next summer she will be swimming without her floaties. We started swim lessons with her when she was 8 weeks old and I'm so glad we did because she absolutely loves the water!

After we went swimming it was time to dry off and eat some dinner. Hotdogs and hamburgers are always a crowd pleaser. There is always a plethora of appetizers to snack on at any given moment too. There is always someone eating!



Then it was time to blow up the bounce house for the kids to run off their last bit of energy and boy did they love it!


By 6:30pm Rae and Hudson were both done! So tired and so cranky. We loaded up the car and headed home. They were both konked out within 2 minutes of being put in their beds.

I won't lie, I was pretty tired myself. Family, food, and fun can do that to you. Can't wait to have lots more opportunities for it this summer!

1 comment

  1. On https://writemyessay4me.org/blog/research-paper you can read a huge amount of advices about writing a research paper. It was useful for me and my college friends

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading every comment!

Back to Top