What We Eat {Baked Potato Soup}

Right now Dallas is covered in a sheet of ice. We have been on lock down since Monday. And we are expecting another couple inches of snow tonight.

But this momma had to get out of the house today! I was going crazy. Raegan and I managed to get to swim class and enjoy a nice 30 minute one-on-one swim lesson. We were the only ones who showed up.

Then we headed to the grocery store because we were out of food. Like in a bad way. I'm pretty sure I ate Oreo's for dinner last night because we had nothing to eat. Don't judge.

While I walked the aisles I thought about what I could make that would be so delicious on this cold day.

Then I remembered an amazing recipe my sister sent me and decided to try it.

Baked Potato Soup

And the best part is, the crockpot does all the cooking!

Ingredients


1 bag of frozen diced hash browns
32 oz of Chicken Broth
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 bag of Bacon Bits
1 little can of diced green chilies 
1 8 oz package of cream cheese 
Tortilla strips
1 tsp Onion or Garlic Powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
cheddar cheese

Put the frozen hash browns potatoes, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, half a bag a bacon bits, whole can of diced green chilis, and 1 teaspoon of onion (or garlic because that's all I had) powder all in the crockpot!

You can add salt and pepper to taste. 
Stir it all up and set it on high for 8 hours.
Set the cream cheese out on the counter so it will get mushy all day while the soup cooks. 

When there is one hour left, cut the cream cheese into little squares and put them in with the soup.

Stir it in well. 

Let it cook for the last hour or until the cheese is good and melted. 

Stir it a couple of times during that hour to make sure the cheese melts!

Add extra bacon bits, tortilla strips, and cheddar cheese on top.
 And voila! You have a yummy meal that will last for a few days!

The Mr. gave it two thumbs up!

Enjoy!

10 comments

  1. Sounds like a good meal for this cold weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds fantastic and I am all about a good crockpot recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness that sounds delicious! I was looking for a slow cooker recipe to make tomorrow and this just may be it! Good luck with the ice! It's not bad down here in San Antonio!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off, Ive been in a similar situation before - oreos for dinner haha! I hate it when I'm starving but we run out of groceries. I try to keep Cheerio's stocked in the house, because that's my go-to! Anyways I have to try this recipe. I love baked potato soup, plus the crockpot makes it so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this! Whenever I am allowed to go grocery shopping again (poor miss Jordan failed her carseat test), I am going to try this! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww sweet girl! You don't need to be going to the grocery store anyways! Send Tim or a family member. You need to rest!

      Delete
  6. Just making sure I read this right, 8 hours on high?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I make a loaded baked potato soup, but this sounds great. Need to try this one.-SaraLee

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading every comment!

Back to Top